Back to search results
The IT Account Operations Manager is an important function bringing together all RUN Delivery activities to the account and the customer. The position holder acts as the customer facing delivery SPOC (Single point of contact) and ensures accountability in the delivery model.
Working as a member of the RUN Services team the IT Account Operations Manager will have line of sight to the customer provided services and represent the single interface to the Account Delivery Lead for those services.
The IT Account Operations Manager role is a key part of the Account Delivery Engagement team and will advise the ADL and the customer on recommendations for infrastructure and service improvements enabling the account to meet designated targets and demonstrate the innovation DXC brings to our customers.
The IT Account Operations Manager will have end-to-end accountability for customer service across regional boundaries. A primary target is meeting Contractual Service Level Agreements.
- Working across delivery teams to ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are consistently met
- On large clients working as a part of an IT Account Operations Manager team with a designated focus on a specific client division(s) or service segments
- Interfering with 3rd parties delivering RUN services to the account whereas agreed and applicable
- Provides leadership, direction and timely updates on account changes and shifted priorities to the service delivery organization
- Contributing to the account margin by driving recommended cost management activities, productivity programs and delivery consolidation footprint
- Supporting the penetration of Standard Reference Architecture toolset to the account infrastructure environment to maximize efficiency and minimize risks
- The IT Account Operations Manager is the escalation point for high severity incidents. Leads escalation and restoration process until resolution is achieved. Leads incident reviews for major outages.
Education (degree) and professional experience required:
- Several years of IT experience in management within a large-scale technology environment
- Tertiary qualification preferable
Personal skills and qualities:
- Knowledge and understanding of specific industry environment and business needs
- Understanding of commercial context of industry
- Working knowledge of ITIL (with at least ITIL Foundations certification) supplemented by practical experience
- Ability to fully understand and manage capability-related work and drive a diverse team of employees and suppliers to deliver within rigorous DXC requirements
- Ability to drive relationship-building / teamwork and retain strong customer focus
- Ability to successfully interact with varying levels of DXC and client leadership
- Ability to establish and manage performance metrics
- Ability to manage urgent and complex tasks simultaneously
- Prudent decision-making
- Experience in managing a matrix organization
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong customer focus and communication skills
- Strong vendor management focus, particularly in relation to service management
- Knowledge of standard offerings of the Capabilities
- Change Management, Risk Management and back-out planning
- Financial management, capital and expense budgets
- Should be mature enough to accept strategic direction from global capability and be able to work with important external factors such as regional cultures and critical client environments.
- Highly self-motivate
- Responds well to and operates effectively under pressure
- Deals well with complexity
- Collaborative team-player
- Has initiative and decisiveness
- Possesses tenacity and drive
- Embraces and champions change
- Willing and able to travel whenever necessary to support Account/Client meetings
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Fluent in written and verbal Italian